Friday, January 29, 2010

Updates and Contemplations

Hello! Sorry it has taken me a week to finally write on this thing! I have been busy, not only physically, but also mentally and just hadn't found the space to write yet.

I am currently in the Canary Islands, which are a set of pretty islands off of Spain. They look Hawaii/the show Lost (if you've ever seen it), but not quite as tropical. The Ship is docked here until Sunday when we leave for Togo! I cannot wait togo to Togo (pun intended). But after we leave on Sunday we will have a 10 day long sail on the open water... this is going to be weird and also really fascinating- apparantly the ship rocks a lot so we have to secure everything here so that stuff isn't flying around while we sail- I guess on the sail up here they lost a lot of expensive medical equipment because of the rough water. I also bought my sea-sickness medicine today for this reason. Also, I am excited to see stars when we sail! I guess they are really bright... and sunsets are supposed to be amazing!

Man, there is too much to write and I could give a lot of content... but it might lack quality considering the amount of time I have right now.

I am feeling odd about this adventure .. The things that have been challenging to me so far have not been things that I expected to be challenging before I left. I guess expectations are sometimes pointless. Regardless, I am looking up- God has his plans even if in the moment it's very difficult to understand. Also, I think things will be quite different when we get to Togo.

Ok, well here is a list of some good things:

-I bought a guitar in Tenerife (Canary Islands) and I love it and I went hunting for it all day with one of my new roommates using my tiny bit of spanish.
-All of my roommates are really nice and I'm starting to get to know a few of them and I am excited to know them more (I live in a 10 berth cabin)
-There is soy milk in the cafeteria


Ok, well I shall post more in the future, but for now, goodnight... or good afternoon!

Love,

Caitlin


"Withouth risk, faith is an impossibility" -Soren Kierkegaard

No comments:

Post a Comment